NOTE: Roundtable Meetings in 2023 are now being held on the first Thursday of the month.
Date / Time:
Thursday, January 5, 2022
11:15 am – 12:00 pm Registration & Networking
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch & Program (live and streamed via Zoom)
If you are attending this meeting virtually, the program will be streamed via Zoom from 12:00 – 1:00 pm. A link will be sent to you 24 hours prior to the meeting.
“The Importance of Carbon Intensity to Meet Decarbonization Goals and Impact on Capital Projects”
In this presentation we will discuss the importance of carbon intensity (CI) and industry and government regulatory and auditing requirements, both for the regulated and voluntary carbon markets. An introduction on the direction and drivers of the carbon market; regulations, IRA (Inflation Reduction Act) which will give rise to many capital projects like CCUS, H2, will be provided. The importance of LCA’s and CI score on carbon/tax credits, which impact investors and the viability of capital projects will be discussed. We will describe the evolution of the energy industry’s path towards a low to net zero carbon society, with focus on the CI score’s role in the transportation fuels market. We will also discuss recent technical innovations to support the continuous drive towards lower carbon intensity (CI) products.
Kristine Klavers, Managing Director – Houston, EcoEngineers
Mrs. Klavers has been working in the global energy industry for nearly 30 years and has deep experience in the entire energy chain including energy commodity markets, refining operations and vehicle engine design, petrochemicals and transportation fuels markets. Since moving to the U.S. in 1996, she has worked in energy market consulting, first launching and building the global consulting business at Hart Energy, where she was instrumental in building Hart’s rapid growth in global fuel quality, biofuels and refining. At Argus, Ms. Klavers built an Americas consulting business reflecting subject matters from crude, gas, LNG, metals, fertilizers, petrochemicals and biofuels and biomass. Prior to coming to the U.S., she worked as a process engineer designing refineries for JGC in Japan and as an Oxygenated Fuels Specialist for Arco Chemicals (LyondellBasell) in the United Kingdom. She holds a Master of Science in chemical engineering from Twente University in the Netherlands, and Tokyo Institute of Technology holds a patent for her methane coupling catalyst. Ms. Klavers actively participates in the National Petroleum Council; she acts as a coach in Women of Energy; and she is a board member for the Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce as well as her local Rotary.
EcoEngineers is a boutique carbon consulting firm with a team of experts that guide carbon markets from policy to practice and energy projects from concept to commissioning. The talented team of experts support the clients monetizing their carbon reduction projects, both in the regulated and voluntary markets, through:
- Education: Provides market intelligence and current insights on fuels and regulations
- Policy: Focuses on regulatory interpretation, and development and implementation of low-carbon fuels policies and their impact on business
- Carbon Analysis: Measures life cycle greenhouse gas emissions and provides a carbon intensity (CI) for an entity, process, or product, including fuels
- Project Development Support: Offers feasibility, due diligence, vendor selection, project management, risk analysis, etc. that is required to successfully develop clean energy projects
- Compliance: Manages ongoing compliance data; develops monitoring, reporting, and verification plans; and provides compliance support
- Verification & Assurance: Provides third-party validation, verification, and assurance services of greenhouse gas reduction claims
As the global energy markets pivot to offering decarbonized products and solutions, EcoEngineers’ client base spans upstream, midstream, and downstream suppliers of fossil and alternate fuel providers and associated industries. Learn more at www.ecoengineers.us.
- $30 for general admission
- $15 for Rice Faculty (registration required in advance)
- Free for Rice Students (registration required in advance)
- $30 webinar – online only (new fee as of 4.11.22)
Follow MidstreamCalendar.com for upcoming industry events. Midstream Calendar was created to help synchronize the industry by providing a free lookahead for key industry events across the country. We focus on non-profit support, community, and industry specific trade shows and 2023 midstream & pipeline conferences for gathering and gas processing, transmission, compression, refining plants, chemical plants, fertilizer plants, terminals, storage facilities, LNG plants, syngas, and bio mass. The original energy calendar featuring all streams of energy with renewables. More 2022 Oil and Gas Events added every day.
Email Ops@MidstreamCalendar.com to get involved.
2023 Oil and Gas Events Houston
2023 Oil and Gas Events executive events